- CHESTER, Pa. – Philadelphia Union midfielder Brenden Aaronson has taken his fair share of lumps during the first two months of his Major League Soccer career.
- While the physical nature of Major League Soccer could hurt the development of first-year players, Aaronson has embraced every challenge that has been put in front of him so far.
- On the other end of the midfield battle lies Haris Medunjanin, who leads the defensive approach against Diego Valeri, Sebastian Blanco and Brian Fernandez.
- The Union’s approach to Saturday’s game will be similar to the ones they have had in previous games, but there will be more focus on keeping possession and staying tight in their shape when defending Portland’s playmakers.
- ” That’s why we need to work on when (Valeri) gets the ball that somebody surrounds him, Blanco, their new DP (Fernandez),” Medunjanin said.
Read full article: prosoccerusa.com