- Enjoy this Labour Day holiday listening to new voices in R&B, reggae, classical music and new wave kaiso at the launch of The Little Carib Theatre’s Open Mic night series – Live @ The Carib – st…
Read full article: newsday.co.tt
- ‘Razor Sharp’ – Sweeney Todd come to Ukiah Players Theatre stage
- Christopher Douthit is directing, with musical direction by Janice Hawthorne Timm.
- Sweeney Todd, played by Tucker Morninglight returns to his 19th-century London, seething with revenge.
- ” We have people in the cast who have never seen anything but the movie,” Peterman notes.
- Peterman has not performed in a main stage musical for nine years, and she has been waiting a long time to bring this show to life.
Read full article: ukiahdailyjournal.com
- If you’re at all familiar with Voodoo Rhythm Records, you know that it is a label that specializes in music that is raw, wild, and fuzzy.
- The band’s new album Queen of the Pill is chock full of reverb, haunting vocals, and energy that makes the band a perfect fit for Voodoo Rhythm.
- When you hear the opening track ” Dreamer” , the obvious comparison is The Darts.
- With its fuzzed out guitar and backing vocals, ” Move On” is one of them.
Read full article: exystence.net
- According to international DJ Shoebox Moses, the trends merging music and tech are expanding at a very high rate.
- That reflects a deeper commitment by nightclub titans and music producers to the experiential by providing multi-sensory elements through auditory, visual, and kinesthetic mediums.
- A great example of such elements, as explained by Moses is Infrasound, a hot sound technology that commands the attendee’s attention.
- Artists have been invited to submit interactive and visual installation art as part of the immersive experience.
Read full article: theleader.info
- Despite once claiming that he’d rather just put out new versions of the song that shot him to fame, the ridiculously popular ” Old Town Road” , Lil Nas X actually has new music on the way.
- It’s not unreasonable to assume that the rapper/memester/ Dazed 100er ‘s debut record is going to do pretty well.
- Honestly, it’ll be interesting to see where he’s gone with 7 when it releases next week, whether he’s tried to move away from ” Old Town Road” or he’s still immersed in its success.
Read full article: dazeddigital.com
- On Friday 8 th June, Mojácar’s eagerly anticipated Moors and Christians Fiesta gets underway, with non-stop action throughout the weekend that fills the town with sound and colour.
- Also, from midday on Friday, the medieval market opened in the Plaza Nueva, where there are all sorts of artisan products on offer by the stall holders all dressed in their period outfits that should transport everyone back to the Middle Ages.
- After that, it´s time for the various Kábilas and Barracks organised by Mojácar´s seven different groups to open up for a party that keeps going until dawn!
- On the Saturday, there was a new addition for the Fiesta, with a medieval camp set up on El Nuevo Lance beach in front of the Pueblo Indalo, organized by Mojácar Council and the Al-Mosaquer Moors and Christians Association.
Read full article: theleader.info
- Our omniscient storyteller, Rue gives us the backstory of the show’s three other major characters: her best friend, Jules Vaughn (Hunter Schafer), a repressed jock named Nate (Jacob Elordi), and Kat (Barbie Ferreira), a smart-aleck who hides a secret Internet life.
- The portrayal of this hot-girl friend group is cannily sensitive to how teen-aged society has progressed; when Kat tells her friends that she’s a virgin, they scold her warmheartedly.
- Often, ” Euphoria” feels like two different shows: one that coolly epitomizes sexual fluidity and contemporary teen angst and modern addiction, and another that is relentlessly stylized and pornographically sad.
Read full article: newyorker.com
- After 18 years of iTunes, Apple is ending the app and channeling you to Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and Apple TV instead.
- iTunes will continue to exist for the time being, but Apple won’t support it in MacOS Catalina , the upgrade coming this fall.
- Yes, Apple advertises a catalog of over 50 million songs, plus collections of music videos (through Apple TV) and podcasts (through the Apple Podcasts app).
- Apple Music is a subscription service you can use across your Apple devices.
- If you like to DJ your own collection and albums, you’ll be able to import those tracks to Apple Music and listen to them across your Apple devices.
Read full article: cnet.com
- Before the cinema revolution, when consuming local films required one to have a video cassette player, horror filmmaking was fashionable and manifested as femme fatale films ( Nneka the Pretty Serpent, Karishika ), the occult ( Blood Money, Living In Bondage ) or even nightmarish Christian horror flicks ( Agbara Nla ).
- Interestingly, the majority of horror releases were done in Igbo, which means that language didn’t matter vis-à-vis consuming horror movies.
- This is not to say that Hollywood hasn’t been making horror films.
- Titled The Exorcism of Alu, Basketmouth released a trailer which played on the haunted house trope.
Read full article: guardian.ng
- Meanwhile Spanish girl group Las Ketchup had begun filming Asereje (The ketchup Song) at the ‘Palm Beach’ chiringuito on Spain’s Costa del Sol, the song that would launch their careers.
- The summer of 2002 produced many things, including Las Ketchup’s hit song Asereje
- As the original Palm Beach has now been bulldozed, Lucía Muñoz, of Las Ketchup, said she and her sisters, ‘had not had chance’ to return, before their piece of musical history disappeared.
- ORIGINAL: The Asereje video featuring the Las Ketchup sisters at Palm Beach
Read full article: theolivepress.es