- Whilst some music lovers and other stakeholders in the music industry are trying to extinguish a ‘beef’, rappers, Tinny and D Black, are going on a different tangent over the ‘wack rapper’ comments made by the former.
- The Ga rapper, during a radio conversation, has mentioned D Black, Patapaa and Kwaw Kese as ‘wack rappers’ and that has sparked a sour relationship between them, which has just been flamed up once again.
- The Black Avenue Music Boss, later disclosed that the ” Aletse” rapper attacked his lyrical dexterity on purpose to gain some relevance as he later approached him secretly, begging for a music collaboration between them to shock the sans.
Read full article: pulse.com.gh
- Outer Spaces is the Baltimore-based indie rock project of Cara Beth Satalino.
Read full article: stereogum.com
- French rapper Nick Conrad’s new song is the textbook definition of hatred and discrimination against a country and its people.
- In the song, ” Doux Pays” (” Sweet Country,” ) the migrant rapper unleashes an abusive and obscenity-drenched attack on France and its people.
Read full article: newsbusters.org
- Dolby and Universal Music Group work together to bring new music experiences to recording artists and fans
- DLB), the leader in immersive audio and video entertainment technology, is providing recording artists with a new way to express themselves and deliver exciting new experiences to fans with Dolby Atmos Music.
- Dolby Atmos immersive mixing tools are integrated with artists’ favorite toolsets and all major digital audio workstations and platforms, including Pro Tools®, Logic®, and Ableton®, giving artists the freedom to bring their inspiration to life.
- Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
Read full article: apnews.com
- Jay-Z’s Blueprint album series is finally available to stream outside of Tidal.
- Last night (May 22), fans who had not made the switch to Tidal rejoiced when they discovered The Blueprint 1, 2 and 3 are all available for streaming on Apple Music.
- Check out fan reactions to the news about Jay-Z’s Blueprint album series below.
Read full article: xxlmag.com
- Full credit: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Read full article: kplr11.com
- Greatest Hits came out in about 1970, and all of that different instrumentation and all those fucking great backbeats were like magic to me.
- ” Johnny Thunders’ playing and Jonsey’s [Sex Pistols’ Steve Jones] playing: I’ve played guitar ever since, and that’s who I fashion my guitar playing after.
- ” Of course I discovered The Stooges course after I’d discovered The Pistols and Thunders, so I went backwards.
- I knew my car wouldn’t make it to New York, but I knew it could get me to LA.
Read full article: loudersound.com
- After all, most of us had no idea Hall had even married, let alone conceived a child with new husband, music executive Steven Greener.
- ” When I tried in my 30s, I still felt like I had some time, and the fertility clinic felt like a bright room.
- Hall’s frustrations echo those of many black women who have seemingly ” done everything right,” only to have ” having it all” elude them (i.e. motherhood and marriage, if those are things they desire).
- While Moore’s depression was hormonal, many of us in our 40s are all too familiar with the feelings that accompany butting your head against the expectations that come with age.
Read full article: theglowup.theroot.com
- Chelou has signed with Lee Anderson & Jackie Nalpant for exclusive North American representation.
- Chris Malinchak has signed with Paul Morris & Cody Chapman for exclusive North American representation.
- DYLAN has signed with Marty Diamond & Tom Windish for exclusive North American representation.
- Gabriels has signed with Owen Mallon & Avery McTaggart for exclusive North American representation.
- Goth Babe has signed with Jackie Nalpant, Kiely Mosiman & Tom Windish for exclusive North American representation.
Read full article: celebrityaccess.com
- For those who wrote off Carly Rae Jepsen after her 2012 flash-in-the-pan single, the ubiquitous ” Call Me Maybe,” 2014’s Emotion was a revelation, pop music that was at once sophisticated and accessible, full of relentless optimism and unforced positivity.
- In an industry where personal branding is everything and a world in which the concept is becoming ever more pervasive, crafting a persona was an afterthought for Jepsen, who just wanted to make fun music.
- Where Emotion felt experimental, Dedicated (★★★★) is more structured, the work of an artist who has found what works.
- There’s a song for just about every mood and every step in the process, even making a few detours into those obnoxiously messy and complicated grey areas.
- Where Emotion felt experimental, Dedicated is more polished and structured, with even more of a synthpop feel to its production, although it wouldn’t be a Carly Rae Jepsen album without the occasional saxophone thrown in for fun.
Read full article: metroweekly.com