- Some are very vociferously demanding that Malavika’s mother, the renowned Carnatic musician Sudha Raghunathan, be completely banned from performing music anymore.
- It was in the 1950s that Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan made his landmark visit to Chennai.
- It would be wonderful if, for her performance, Malavika’s mother Sudha Raghunathan selects two ragas for the upcoming season’s concerts – one the Gavati that Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan had taught Balasubramaniam and the next, the Andolika that the Ustad was taught by the Carnatic maestro in return.
- In the mainstream Chennai sabhas there are two outcasts at present – one is, of course, the Nagaswaram, and the other one is T.M. Krishna, the vocalist, who himself opted out of the sabhas during the music season after he started raising uncomfortable questions about caste and privilege.
- Nagaswaram continues to raise sociological questions in music whereas Krishna continues to rebel by evolving a modern idiom by asking questions in aesthetics.
Read full article: thewire.in
- Most drivers switched on the hazard lights as they drove past Bogobiri, the venue of the live jazz music, titled, ” One More Night” in Ikoyi, Lagos.
- That Sunday was special not just because it was the first one for the month of June; it was to welcome music fans from the May break which was the month of Ramadan.
- Still, it was a good time for one of Nigeria’s most promising jazz acts, Adeh Gbolahan to get his groove on.
- He had just arrived an hour before his much-anticipated show at Bogobiri, where folk, indie, rock, alternative and jazz musicians have performed over the years to an audience mostly made up of expatriates, celebrities and other elite music fans.
Read full article: thisdaylive.com
- Josh Groban and Sara Bareilles hosted the 2018 Tony Awards and sang jokingly about how neither of them has ever won a major award, despite both earning nominations at the Grammys and Tonys.
- The Tony Awards telecast is nominated for Best Variety Special (Live), and since hosts are now honored in that race too, Groban and Bareilles will take home Emmys if the show wins there, just like past Tonys hosts Neil Patrick Harris, Sean Hayes and James Corden.
- Then the Emmys reconfigured their awards in 2018, getting rid of the Special Class category and splitting Best Variety Special into live and pre-recorded races.
- Be sure to make your Emmy predictions today so that Hollywood insiders can see how their TV shows and performers are faring in our odds.
Read full article: goldderby.com
- Kang Daniel has been a busy bee when it comes to his solo career, as his upcoming album is just mere days away from releasing.
- During the week, Kang Daniel, through Konnect Entertainment, has released a lot of pre-release promotions to help build hype for his solo debut.
- From the previews shown, Color On Me will feature five songs that generate feelings of hope and new beginnings, a fitting theme in accordance to what Kang Daniel has been through.
- This will be the first album released through Konnect Entertainment, which is Kang Daniel’s one-man agency.
Read full article: monstersandcritics.com
- Kill watching @SHAQ get down just made my whole god damn year this dude has an insane aura of positivity around him also my first time at @tomorrowland and
- the whole experience is really incredible the music is taking hold of everyone here as the sun is goin down let’s go!
Read full article: youredm.com
- Earlier this year, Cardi B faced a backlash after an old video in which she admitted to drugging and robbing men when she was a stripper surfaced.
- ” I don’t like when people be trying to call me a rapist,” she said.
- While she didn’t deny that she robbed some of her clients when she was a stripper, she stressed that she never sexually assaulted anyone.
Read full article: complex.com
- Cardi B doubles down with an explanation clearing her of any wrongdoing, sort of… Within hours of letting off a series of reactionary Tweets on Friday morn…
Read full article: hotnewhiphop.com
- So far the playlist features nearly four dozen tracks from the likes of Travis Scott, Drake, Cardi B. and more.
Read full article: newsweek.com
- Starting July 17, 2019, Spotify is making it easier to access all your favorite Disney songs, new and old, in one place on the music streaming platform.
- Here’s where to find Spotify’s new Disney hub with all your favorite tunes
- some might even say ” it’s a whole new world.” To access the Disney hub, which is available if you live in the United States, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, simply type ” Disney” into your search bar for a dedicated channel featuring several official Disney playlists.
- Disney Favorites,” for example, starts off with some Toy Story-themed bops like ” You’ve Got a Friend in Me” and ” The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy,” transitions into faves from Aladdin like ” A Whole New World,” and ends with ” We’re All in This Together,” from Disney Channel’s High School Musical.
Read full article: elitedaily.com
- The Denver Broncos should be able to hear every whistle, every instruction, every hit during training camp.
- That’s because new head coach Vic Fangio has banned music during everything from the pre-practice stretch until the day’s final whistle.
- The longtime NFL assistant coach is in his first head coaching role.
Read full article: canoe.com