- The most notable aspect of Guy Ritchie’s ” Aladdin” is that it doesn’t hit the ground running more so than it goes jogging.
- The film follows Disney’s recent trend to retain their intellectual property rights by milking every drop of their worth.
- The familiar tale of street urchin Aladdin and how he summons a genie from a magical lamp to help him woo the headstrong Princess Jasmine has become a Disney classic, if not neutered from its original Arabian Nights tale.
- A particularly hilarious scene where he awkwardly tries to woo the Princess masquerading as Prince Ali showcases Massoud’s potential as a popular future comic lead.
Read full article: freemalaysiatoday.com
- A 17-year-old Will Smith met Jeff Townes by chance and the two ended up forming a hip-hop duo called DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince.
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince received their first ever Grammy Award for ” Parents Just Don’t Understand” in 1989.
- Smith’s next attempt to own the July 4 weekend box office was a serious misfire, a big-budget action comedy about 19-century hired guns trying to protect post-Civil War America from a diabolical inventor.
- In Disney’s live-action remake of the animated film ” Aladdin,” Will Smith plays the all-powerful Genie, who helps Aladdin impersonate a prince, romance Princess Jasmine, and save the kingdom from the bad guy.
Read full article: thewrap.com
- The Peoria Chiefs will be on the road on July 4 for the first time in a decade.
- The Midwest League team has booked a pair of country music artists for a July 4 concert in the ballpark.
- Dozer Park offers views of the annual downtown Peoria fireworks show as well.
- Country music singers Lainey Wilson and Adam Doleac will perform at 6:30 p.m. Fans will be welcome to stay after the concerts and watch the Red, White & Boom fireworks show over the riverfront.
Read full article: pjstar.com
- Both Microsoft and Google believe streaming is the future of gaming.
- Speaking during a recent corporate strategy meeting, Sony CEO Kenichiro Yoshida notes that streaming services are a big part of the future of PlayStation.
- ” As we speak, we provide, as I said, the immersive business and experience is something we would like to continue to place importance on,” said Yoshida.
- If you look at the game industry as a whole, the console market is not a major market, rather it’s a niche market if you will.
Read full article: comicbook.com
- Monster, the teacup yorkie, and Paige Wilheit hang out at the 48th annual Fiesta Hermosa in Hermosa Beach on Saturday, May 25, 2019.
- Mayor Stacey Armato speaks during a Memorial Day ceremony at the 48th annual Fiesta Hermosa in Hermosa Beach on Saturday, May 25, 2019.
Read full article: dailybreeze.com
- Miley Cyrus may have given a taste of what’s to come later this week with her set at BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend, where she debuted three new songs.
- Watch clips of the new songs, as well as her surprise duet with Charli XCX, below.
Read full article: billboard.com
- Dressed in shirts of red and violet, Ember, the choral performing ensemble of Schola Cantorum on Hudson, let their voices soar in a concert named ” A Second Simplicity: Living with Paradoxes, Doubts, and Mysteries” at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church this past Sunday, May 19.
- Deborah Simpkin King, Ember’s artistic director and founder, conducted and introduced each piece.
- ” Taurus” was followed by ” When Memory Fades,” by Jayne Southwick Cool, with text by Mary Louise Bringle, arranged by Eric Nelson.
- Despite its melancholy lyrics, the song itself had a soothing feel.
Read full article: montclairlocal.news
- Bradley County Schools is encouraging local residents to dust off their unused music instruments so they can be placed into the hands of children and teens learning to play.
- Goals for the grant include improving music offerings and students’ access to musical instruments.
- ” It is our hope that the generous people in Bradley County may have instruments sitting around their homes and would be willing to invest into our students,” said Becca Brnik, grant supervisor for Bradley County Schools.
Read full article: clevelandbanner.com
- US star Megan Rapinoe gave soccer bosses some kicks two weeks ahead of the FIFA Women’s World Cup, saying that the sport’s top executives are not doing enough to close a huge gender disparity in investment.
- I don’t think that it’s really been a huge change at all,” the 33-year-old Californian said on Friday, two days ahead of her team’s send-off match against Mexico.
- FIFA pointed to the increase in resources devoted to women since Gianni Infantino became FIFA’s president in 2016, including the hiring of Fatma Samoura as secretary-general, the first woman to hold the post; the addition of Sarai Bareman as FIFA’s first chief women’s soccer officer and the establishment of a FIFA’s women’s division; and using video assistant referees at the Women’s World Cup following the introduction of VAR at last year’s men’s World Cup.
Read full article: taipeitimes.com
- She will be enshrined in September, along with Sunil Gulati, who was president of the U.S. Soccer Federation from 2006 through 2018.
- Wambach, a 38-year-old native of Rochester, N.Y., is a two-time Olympic gold medalist, a two-time FIFA Women’s World Cup champion and a six-time U.S. Soccer Athlete of the Year.
- Gulati, 59, was born in India but moved to Connecticut with his family at age 5 and grew up playing soccer.
Read full article: espn.com