- Sony Should Sell Its Spotify Stake and Focus on Entertainment, Activist Investor Says
- Japanese conglomerate should emphasize its gaming, music and film businesses, investor Dan Loeb argues
- Sony must spin off its semiconductor business, sell its stake in Spotify, and double down on becoming a ” creative entertainment company,” activist investor Dan Loeb argued.
- In a new note and presentation shared with investors on Thursday, Loeb’s Third Point Management said that the electronics and entertainment giant’s ” complex structure and business holdings” has led to a stock price discount.
- ” Consider selling off its equity stakes in companies like Spotify, Olympus, M3 Inc. and Sony Financial.
Read full article: thewrap.com