Dekalb Stage and Understudy Lounge opened up this past weekend, in the center of Downtown Brooklyn at 445 Albee Square West. The venue, attached to the Dekalb Market Hall is 7,500 square feet and has a capacity of 300. This past Saturday, the venue welcomed its first event Soul Summit, an upbeat and energy-fueled house-music party. Next weekend there will be a Sound Off™ Silent Disco. Also upcoming, Dekalb Stage will be hosting a weekly trivia series and weekly bingo.
As you near the back of Dekalb Stage, a door will guide you to Understudy, a charming and pristine cocktail lounge. The drink menu might easily reel you in, with very interesting concoctions and enchanting names. There is a rotating snack menu here, and even cheese and meat boards. To gain a vision on how enticing the drink menu is, take a peek below.
- Upstage: whiskey, hibiscus, egg white, fresh lemon & lime juice, bitters
- Stage Left: Mezcal, maple, fresh lime juice
- All About Eve: tequila, lavender, fresh lime juice & sea salt
- Drama Queen: citrus rum, limoncello, fresh lime juice, grapefruit, tangerine & orange juice, sweet dried citrus zest
- The Ensemble: dark rum, anejo tequila, vodka, velvet falernum, mango, pineapple, and homemade grenadine
Located just a mile up from Barclays Center, the Dekalb Stage and Understudy Lounge will provide a new location to enjoy live music. Providing a new spotlight to see artists perform under will help Downtown Brooklyn continue to generate buzz as a hotspot. It’s important to create and promote more safe music venues around the nation. Music is meant to be shared, recognized and properly appreciated, and The Dekalb Lounge and Understudy will allow these concepts to flourish. If the drink menu didn’t make you salivate a bit, at least check this venue out to help keep the live music scene vital.